Stare. It is the way to educate your eye, and more. Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long. -- Walker Evans

Monday, March 12, 2012

Harvey Benge: The Photobook - some thoughts on sequencing and editing

From Harvey Benge's Blog Anybody who has ever made a photobook has started out with a system, a methodology of going about it. A way of (hopefully) making it brilliant. Much has been said about this subject and guidelines laid down by people who know more than most. Think Gerry Badger and John Gossage. Yet still, why is it that so many photobooks I look at just don't cut it?


Right now I'm in the process of editing, sequencing and designing a new bookwork so this post is really written to myself, a reminder of things I must remember not to forget. I've written about this before but the fundamentals can bear repeating over and over again. Here goes..... [Read more ...]

Photo: © Harvey Benge, The Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment